Flight Data Pilot Analyst
Applied Informatics and Research presently has immediate openings for Flight Data (Pilot) Analysts working for our clients in the field of Flight Data Analysis (FDA/FDM/FOQA).
The role has been structured to be Part Time (approximately 40 hours per month) to allow for current Line Pilots (holding an ATPL, and having commercial airline experience or equivalent) with an interest in Flight Data Analysis and the necessary background and experience to apply. We will also consider recently retired Commercial Pilots (ATPL) with an interest in Flight Data Analysis and or Airline Safety Systems Management.
Job Title: Pilot Analyst
Main Purpose of Job: To monitor Applied Informatics’ customers' Operational Flight Data analysis program and provide customer feedback.
Location: Ottawa, Canada
- Routine analysis of downloaded flight data.
- Review abnormal operations and determine the cause.
- Report on findings to designated airline representatives.
- Assist with the Management, Development, and Configuration of existing customer data analysis system and their Analysis Specifications.
- Production of Flight Operational Analysis Reports, ongoing generation of Monthly and Quarterly Reports to prescribed formats.
- Recommend amending/evolving analysis procedures to change thresholds and limitation exceedances.
- Statistical analysis and reporting.
- Observational reporting to approved Airline Management personal
- Airline background, preferably with line flight experience or active flying at present.
- Exposure to FDA and FDA analysis processes and results preferred.
- Rotary Wing Operational Experience an asset.
- Ability to attend meetings and travel internationally on occasion.
- Strong computer skills including:
- Microsoft Excel
- Interest in mathematics an asset
- Internet research
Please send your resume with covering letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is September 10th, 2014.