FE2AT (Fuel & Economic Efficiency Analysis Tool)
Through the use of Applied Informatics and the backing of one of the world’s major airlines (Air Canada), the AIR Group has brought to the industry a unique and innovative product for improving Economic Efficiency.
FE2AT is a complete and powerful data analysis programme that allows for a comprehensive examination of your aircraft’s (or your entire fleet’s) Economic Performance. FE2AT bases its results on the actual Flight Data collected from your aircraft. FE2AT identifies inefficiencies that seriously affect profitability. This innovative use of already available data is groundbreaking – it will prove to be invaluable to your organization.
“Data needs to be thought of as a precious commodity”
Wall Street and Technology 2004
Potential applications for FE2AT within your organization are myriad – they include the following:
- Fuel Efficiency Assessments - Fuel Conservation
- Fulfilling EU Emissions Monitoring and Reporting Requirements
- Aircraft Movement Analysis - Ground Holds
- Airport Analysis (Runway Condition)
- Aircraft Performance Studies
- Arresting Systems Analysis (Brakes/Thrust)
- Flight Plan Validation
IATA has indicated that between 2005 and 2010 the only operational cost that airlines were unable to reduce was fuel cost. FE2AT can tackle this issue head-on by identifying excess fuel use in your individual aircraft or fleet. You can manage the rising cost of fuel. The time to act is now.
The EBITDA Game
- In many businesses it can be difficult to quantify the effect of an operational or performance change – not so in aviation. Assuming a conservative 8 % EBITDA * for your organization, a $250K reduction in waste per annum represents more than $3 million in ticket sales. Using FE2AT, a $250K saving (through fuel use monitoring) was found for one single aircraft.
- Economic Efficiency is all about reducing the total operating cost of every flight. Cost inefficiencies – especially inefficiencies in fuel use – can be found in many areas, including Dispatch, Operations, Maintenance, Airports and ATC.
- The most effective way to monitor your aircraft directly is to use FE2AT. This allows for a measurable economic analysis based on your aircraft’s flight data.
* Earnings before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization